When China Rules the World
When China Rules The World: The End of the Western World and the Birth of a New Global Order
[NEWLY UPDATED AND GREATLY EXPANDED EDITION]
Since the first publication of When China Rules the World, the landscape of world power has shifted dramatically. In the three years since the first edition was published, When China Rules the World has proved itself to be a remarkably prescient book, and transformed the nature of the debate on China.
Now, in this greatly expanded and fully updated new edition, with nearly three-hundred pages of new material, backed up by the latest statistical data, Martin Jacques renews his assault on conventional thinking about China’s ascendancy, showing how its impact will be as much political and cultural as economic, transforming the world as we know it.
First published in 2009 to widespread critical acclaim – and controversy – When China Rules the World: The End of the Western World and the Rise of a New Global Order has sold a quarter of a million copies, been translated into eleven languages, nominated for two major literary awards, and is the subject of an immensely popular TED talk.
- Review — Constant Geography
Sunday, November 2nd, 2014
- Review — Nihon Keizai Shimbun
Sunday, May 18th, 2014
- BOOK REVIEW: “When China Rules the World, the end of the western world and the birth of a new global order (second edition)” by Martin Jacques (2012)
Thursday, May 8th, 2014
- China’s dangerous behaviour
Sunday, September 2nd, 2018
- Chinese Expansionism
Friday, May 18th, 2018
- Another sojourn to China
Monday, January 22nd, 2018
- Martin Jacques: Good at learning, China has to be distinctive
Friday, October 19th, 2018
- China: a post-neoliberal order?
Friday, July 20th, 2018
- The Heat: China Looks Ahead to 2018
Sunday, January 14th, 2018