When China Rules the World
When China Rules The World: The End of the Western World and the Birth of a New Global Order
[NEWLY UPDATED AND GREATLY EXPANDED EDITION]
Since the first publication of When China Rules the World, the landscape of world power has shifted dramatically. In the three years since the first edition was published, When China Rules the World has proved itself to be a remarkably prescient book, and transformed the nature of the debate on China.
Now, in this greatly expanded and fully updated new edition, with nearly three-hundred pages of new material, backed up by the latest statistical data, Martin Jacques renews his assault on conventional thinking about China’s ascendancy, showing how its impact will be as much political and cultural as economic, transforming the world as we know it.
First published in 2009 to widespread critical acclaim – and controversy – When China Rules the World: The End of the Western World and the Rise of a New Global Order has sold a quarter of a million copies, been translated into eleven languages, nominated for two major literary awards, and is the subject of an immensely popular TED talk.
- A Christmas Books Gift List for Hopeful Materialists
Monday, December 3rd, 2012
- Book review: China is still ascendant
Sunday, October 28th, 2012
- Review: When China Rules The World
Friday, July 20th, 2012
- What are you reading?
Thursday, December 5th, 2013
- International experts hail China’s reform plan
Friday, November 15th, 2013
- New Zealand, China and the New World Order
Thursday, November 7th, 2013
- China growing like crazy facing more disputes worldwide
Friday, March 15th, 2013
- Interview — China Business News
Thursday, December 27th, 2012
- Delaying reform stores up problems for future global giant
Wednesday, December 5th, 2012