When China Rules the World
When China Rules The World: The End of the Western World and the Birth of a New Global Order
[NEWLY UPDATED AND GREATLY EXPANDED EDITION]
Since the first publication of When China Rules the World, the landscape of world power has shifted dramatically. In the three years since the first edition was published, When China Rules the World has proved itself to be a remarkably prescient book, and transformed the nature of the debate on China.
Now, in this greatly expanded and fully updated new edition, with nearly three-hundred pages of new material, backed up by the latest statistical data, Martin Jacques renews his assault on conventional thinking about China’s ascendancy, showing how its impact will be as much political and cultural as economic, transforming the world as we know it.
First published in 2009 to widespread critical acclaim – and controversy – When China Rules the World: The End of the Western World and the Rise of a New Global Order has sold a quarter of a million copies, been translated into eleven languages, nominated for two major literary awards, and is the subject of an immensely popular TED talk.
- When China rules the world-a book review
Monday, April 1st, 2019
- Review — Constant Geography
Sunday, November 2nd, 2014
- Review — Nihon Keizai Shimbun
Sunday, May 18th, 2014
- Chinese vs. Western governance: The case of COVID-19
Thursday, March 26th, 2020
- 40 Years and Beyond: China Reform and Opening Up
Tuesday, January 15th, 2019
- China’s dangerous behaviour
Sunday, September 2nd, 2018
- In rejecting Huawei, the UK is turning its back on the future
Monday, July 27th, 2020
- Lawrence Summers and Martin Jacques on US-China Relations
Saturday, July 25th, 2020
- Why is Hong Kong in such turmoil, what are its future prospects?
Thursday, June 18th, 2020